A Physiatry and Pain Medicine Practice
Dr Paul Sueno brings to Tacoma a new Physiatry and Pain Medicine clinic. He is board certified in both specialities.
As a physiatrist and pain medicine subspecialist, Dr Sueno's philosophy is to treat patients in a comprehensive and multidisciplinary approach. The focus will always be on function and maximizing your potential.
- Procedures and Interventions
- Fluoroscopy (X-ray) guided injections
- Ultrasound guided injections
- Neuromodulation (spinal cord stimulation)
- Diagnostic Testing
- Electromyography (EMG/NCS)
- Other services:
- Physical therapy and exercise rehabilitation
- Counseling and other pain psychology tools
- Medication recommendations
- Worker Compensation and Independent Medical Examinations
- More information on our Patient Services and Education pages.
Common conditions Dr Sueno treats:
- Neck & back pain
- Disc herniation & Sciatica
- Sports injuries
- Carpal tunnel syndrome
- Arthritis pain (knee, hip, etc)
- Car crash & Work injuries
- Nerve pain
- Fibromyalgia & Migraine
Introducing the recently elected President of the Philippine American Physiatrist Association (PAPA), Dr Paul A Sueno is proud to give back to his community and enhance the ties to his ethnic roots.
We now accept Tricare. Dr Sueno is happy to announce he is here to help those who serve the military.
Are you a local spine or neurosurgeon? Dr Sueno can help palliate your patient's spine pain. Call us to schedule your patient for an evaluation or injection.
Elsewhere in the News
- PAPA Medical Mission for victims of Typhoon Haiyan - Success! (From Phil Am Physiatrist Assoc)
- From the article: "The mission for the victims of Typhoon Haiyan (Yolanda) was a complete success ... The PARM Cares – PAPA Mission was able to treat over 344 diagnoses in Burauen. Moreover, hygiene kits were distributed in a Tacloban tent city (1200 kits) and Burauen (300 kits)."
- Dr Sueno says: As the President of PAPA, I want to personally thank everybody that donated and helped with this mission.
- Despite better safeguards today, pain management in the NFL is still risky business (From SI.com)
- From the article: "Robinson was taking a prescribed anti-inflammatory at the correct rate, and a swarm of circumstances overwhelmed him. But with all the talk about head trauma in the NFL over the last few years (covered admirably, by the way, with several articles on TheMMQB.com this week), the use and sometimes abuse of painkillers in the league is a medical issue that sometimes gets overlooked."
- Dr Sueno says: Not just in the NFL, but anti-inflammatory medications like the one taken by Mike Rob of the Seahawks can be dangerous in any setting. These medications include ibuprofen, naproxen, Advil, Motrin, Aleve, meloxicam, Toradol, Indocin, and many others. When taken appropriately, these can help tremendously with pain but know they do come with risk.
- League of Denial: The NFL's Concussion Crisis (From PBS Frontline)
- From the article: "Frontline reveals the hidden story of the NFL and brain injuries"
- Dr Sueno says: This enlightening documentary exposes some of the long-term dangers that even high school kids can face with playing football. Enjoy the sport but empower yourself to understand the risks. Chronic traumatic encephalopathy can alter and change any athlete's brain function, thinking and personality.
Find previously posted news articles on our News Archive page.
Dr Sueno's Comprehensive Pain Approach:
- Fluoroscopy and ultrasound guided injections
- Exercise and rehabilitation therapy
- Medication recommendations
- Counseling and psychology tools
- Focus on developing self-directed strategies
- Team approach to maximizing your potential
Call (253) 302-5189 to schedule an appointment!