A Physiatry and Pain Medicine Practice
Dr Paul Sueno brings to Tacoma a new Physiatry and Pain Medicine clinic. He is board certified in both specialities.
As a physiatrist and pain medicine subspecialist, Dr Sueno's philosophy is to treat patients in a comprehensive and multidisciplinary approach. The focus will always be on function and maximizing your potential.
- Procedures and Interventions
- Fluoroscopy (X-ray) guided injections
- Ultrasound guided injections
- Neuromodulation (spinal cord stimulation)
- Diagnostic Testing
- Electromyography (EMG/NCS)
- Other services:
- Physical therapy and exercise rehabilitation
- Counseling and other pain psychology tools
- Medication recommendations
- Worker Compensation and Independent Medical Examinations
- More information on our Patient Services and Education pages.
Common conditions Dr Sueno treats:
- Neck & back pain
- Disc herniation & Sciatica
- Sports injuries
- Carpal tunnel syndrome
- Arthritis pain (knee, hip, etc)
- Car crash & Work injuries
- Nerve pain
- Fibromyalgia & Migraine
Introducing the recently elected President of the Philippine American Physiatrist Association (PAPA), Dr Paul A Sueno is proud to give back to his community and enhance the ties to his ethnic roots.
We now accept Tricare. Dr Sueno is happy to announce he is here to help those who serve the military.
Are you a local spine or neurosurgeon? Dr Sueno can help palliate your patient's spine pain. Call us to schedule your patient for an evaluation or injection.
Elsewhere in the News
- Top 15 challenges facing physicians in 2015 (From Medical Economics)
- From the article: "Solo practitioner Paul Sueno, MD, had a good idea of the challenges he would face when he opened his private practice in Tacoma, Washington, in 2012. His late father, also a physician, had practiced in the same community, and Sueno grew up helping his father and learning about medicine."
- Dr Sueno says: It has been an eye opening and fulfilling experience. My father laid the foundation, and I am excited to continue serving this community with the latest in physiatry and pain medicine.
- SPH Study: Increased Risk of Birth Defects from Opioid Use (From Bostonia)
- From the article: "[Doctors] are prescribing opioid painkillers to pregnant women in startling numbers ... [Research] has shown an association between first-trimester use of opioids and neural tube defects, which are malformations of the brain or spine, such as spina bifida."
- Dr Sueno says: Whether to start opioids is always a difficult question to answer, but in young women of child bearing age it is moreso. Opioid use in these patients not only affect themselves, but also the fetus that may be growing in the uterus.
- PAPA Medical Mission for victims of Typhoon Haiyan - Success! (From Phil Am Physiatrist Assoc)
- From the article: "The mission for the victims of Typhoon Haiyan (Yolanda) was a complete success ... The PARM Cares – PAPA Mission was able to treat over 344 diagnoses in Burauen. Moreover, hygiene kits were distributed in a Tacloban tent city (1200 kits) and Burauen (300 kits)."
- Dr Sueno says: As the President of PAPA, I want to personally thank everybody that donated and helped with this mission.
Find previously posted news articles on our News Archive page.
Dr Sueno's Comprehensive Pain Approach:
- Fluoroscopy and ultrasound guided injections
- Exercise and rehabilitation therapy
- Medication recommendations
- Counseling and psychology tools
- Focus on developing self-directed strategies
- Team approach to maximizing your potential
Call (253) 302-5189 to schedule an appointment!